Sunday, December 2, 2012

Surprise Manners

This morning, Brad and I were lounging on the couch while James, Gavin, and Jack-Jack were playing by themselves respectively. Gavin took something James wanted. James promptly says, "Gavin, give me Skrull back!" To which Gavin responds by running in the other direction, into the kitchen, screaming, "No!" James then looks to me, sad faced, and says, "Mommy, he took him from me (*more pouting*)." I tell him to just wait his turn, Gavin will be done with it shortly.

Gavin then comes running back in the room, holding out his hand, saying, "Here, James. Here, James. Here, James." James, being him, doesn't realize his name is even being said. I call his name (like three times... man, does he have his own little world sometimes). He turns to me. I say, "Look, Gavin is giving Skrull back to you."

James: Oh, thank you, Gavin!
Gavin: You're weelllcome, James!

Wow. No prompting. Just wonderful manners. Brad and I beamed at each other, giving each other a high-five. For this was a parent win. But was it? I am beginning to think it was more like a little boy win. For though we provide small guidance, it is them who chose to be nice to one another in this instance. So we won as parents, by getting these sweet guys in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment