Thursday, November 29, 2012

And Salad!

A few days ago, I was asking James what kind of sandwich he would like- peanut butter or cheese? He very joyously proclaimed, "PEANUT BUTTER! And honey!.... And salad!!" I couldn't help but laugh. I don't think he'd enjoy that one. He continued, "I want salad, Mommy! It's green. And I love it" I knew he was asking for lettuce and told him we didn't have any on hand. But I'd get some and make him a ham sandwich when I could. He said, "Ok. I love salad."

Last night I made paninis. I made James a special ham one and put some "salad" on it. I gave it to him, telling him he got salad! "I don't want it... I don't like salad..." Yeah, that's what I thought. Brad had him take a few bites with the "salad" on it, then James opened it up and ate everything but the "salad". Ah, well. We tried. And he had been enthusiastic about it. Maybe next time.

1 comment: