Monday, November 5, 2012

Daylight Savings Nap

Around here, we are generally not affected by Daylight Savings. I don't know why, but we let the boys stay up one night and then they adapt and we have our schedule just fine. This time has been a little harder, for some reason. Maybe it's the whole three kids thing. We let them stay up, but surprisingly (and yet not surprisingly... I could almost feel it not working...) next morning at 6:30 (their normal 7:30 wake-up) the boys were up and about. Happy as if nothing had changed. But it had- time had literally changed. And I was tired (though I went to bed early because I was exhausted. I think I have a mental problem with seeing anything before '7' in the AM). We got through it and they woke up 20 minutes later today. On our way... on our way...

With this schedule change, we've had some tired boys on our hands. Gavin especially. Today, I don't know why, but I was tired. Tired. We had already finished a movie, but they boys were playing pretty well. I figured I could lie down on the couch and just rest and go unnoticed. Ha. Gavin quickly came over to inform me that "You not sleep, Mommy! Get up, Mommy!". Um, no. I asked him if he wanted to join me and he promptly got under the blanket with me. Still adament that I was not to sleep. If he caught me with my eyes closed, he tried to open them and say, "No, Mommy! No sleep. You not tired. I not tired.". A few minutes later, he had calmed down and I was drifting off. Then James, of course, such perfect timing, yelled from the bathroom that he needed my help. I look over, and Gavin was asleep. What??? I did not see that coming. I gently got up, helped James, and came back to cuddle for a bit more. James then said he needed to sleep with Mommy and Gavin and just laid on Gavin. Didn't phase him. One. Bit. After about a minute, and lots of  wiggling, James said, "Mommy, I'm awake." Yup, I know. So am I. 

Gavin got to rest for about an hour longer. Lucky guy. At least I got a little bit of snuggles with him- doesn't ever happen. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment