Thursday, December 20, 2012

Let Me Correct Myself, Mom

It's so funny when kids are learning to talk and use proper grammar. They start off by mimicking whatever you say. "You're so funny!" is followed by "You're so funny!" then comes the lesson of who "you" and "I" are and it's different for everyone. There are so many different things to teach them, and they don't always get it, and that's totally cool. For goodness sakes, they are just small little human beings learning a language!

The other day, I said something to Gavin. I can't quite remember what, but it went something like this:

Me: Gavin, you are so sweet!
Gavin: Yes, I are... am!

What now? My two-year old just corrected his own grammar? I busted out laughing (and I just remembered what it was about... it was not about him being sweet... it was about him being stinky... ha!). I don't know how their little minds process all that they have to learn, but it certainly does. They are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment