Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Bad Guy

Friday, I was an emotional mess. After hearing about the horrific shooting in Newtown, CT, I couldn't keep myself together. 

After putting Jack down for his nap, and getting lunch ready for Gavin, James, and I, James had me say the prayer for lunch. I had composed myself for a while, and while saying the prayer remembered to pray for all those affected by this tragedy. As I was praying, I lost it again. I finished the prayer and had a hard time pulling myself together. James and Gavin weren't quite sure what to think. Gavin kept telling me, "You not crying! No crying." While James looked concerned, but laughed a little. I let them know that, no, Mommy was not being funny. Mommy was very sad. A bad man on the other side of the country had hurt little children, and that it made Mommy very sad. A simple question from a little boy followed, "Why, Mommy?" Oh, honey. I don't know why. 

I got myself together and we all started eating. A few minutes later, James piped up, "Mommy... I'm going to go fight the bad guy." This touched my heart. I know he pretends all day long to be a good guy and fight the bad guys, but the look on his face and the way he said it... he really wanted to go save and help people. "Mommy... I am going to go fight with my sword... Because I am a knight." This made me laugh and I am so grateful for my little James. My little (wanna-be) hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment