Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Turtle Eggs

I found this documentary on Netflix about turtles. I wasn't really sure what it was, but the boys love animals so I figured we could try it. James fell in love with the turtles. Though I was surprised at how educational it was- the first five minutes or so is all about the baby turtles making it to the ocean to safety or they will get eaten by the crabs. Interesting conversation to tell a three-year old how the crabs are going to eat the baby turtles. Anyways... it follows a logger-head turtles journey through the Gulf, into the Atlantic, across the Atlantic, back again, to the Caribbean, laying eggs, going back to the ocean. It shows her laying her eggs on the beach and everything. 

Today while we were outside playing, James was fascinated with pulling out rocks from the crack in our driveway. He was collecting rocks and picking out the dirt- it was great. Totally kept him entertained for quite some time (which is saying something in regards to James). He starts talking and as he is putting little rocks in he is saying, "The turtle is putting her eggs here. Here you go, turtle eggs". Then he takes them back out, comes up to me, looks at me, gets ready to throw, and throws them across the driveway. "Bye turtle eggs!". Oh how I love imagination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment