Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Icky Icky Ants

I have a new hate of ants since moving to Oregon. Last winter in our other apartment and this winter in this apartment, we have had a major ant problem. Killing at least 10 a day is an issue, right? It would go up and down, but mostly was up. Thankfully, they generally kept to the downstairs but it wasn't uncommon to catch a few stragglers upstairs. 

One night, when we were getting the boys ready for bed, I went into my bedroom to grab one of Gavin's pacifiers. We generally keep them in a jar downstairs for easy access, keeps them safe, and we don't lose them. I had snuck that one away during our morning bed snuggles and put it on my dresser and saved a trip for the downstairs. I grabbed it and went into the hallway and put it in Gavin's mouth. I looked at his mouth and there were ANTS crawling out of his mouth. For reals, it was one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. I yanked the pacifier out of his  mouth and it was covered in ants. Whaaaat???? Poor Gavin!!!! We ran him into the bathroom while wiping away the ants and rinsed his mouth out and brushed his mouth out several times. The poor guy was so distraught. Probably didn't help that I was freaking out and yelling at Brad to react quicker, but you know... we'll blame it mostly on the ants on his pacifier. I have no idea why that happened and it ticked me off. Why would a pacifier (a rather clean one, too), left on an upstairs nightstand attract ants?? Lots of ants, at that. Brad couldn't even talk about it for at least another week it bothered him so much. 

Poor, poor Gavin.

No comments:

Post a Comment