Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Wet Bark"

Last Friday I had to go look at a craigslist ad (which we totally got and it's awesome). RIGHT when we HAD to be going, Jack decided to stick a random piece of bark dragged in by his brothers in his mouth and gag on it. I had no idea that he had until I was getting him into the car seat. Awesome. Got it out, late to the appointment, but he didn't die. Mommy win.

Then Sunday, he was on his normal 'everywhere' craze-crawl while I got pancake batter ready for Father's Day breakfast. He was over by the back window/door. I saw him do the tell-tell hand-to-mouth move to know something that was a no-no would be entering his mouth. I did not really want to see him gag again and intervened, grabbing another piece of bark out of his hand and throwing it to the side so I could make sure nothing else was in there. I thought to myself, "He must of had it in there a while because it was soggy." Upon looking down at said bark, it moved. Yeah... the bark moved. Turns out IT WAS A SLUG!!! A SLUG!!!!! I was appropriately grossed out and proud of my unknown heroic act of saving my baby from eating a slug. I promptly called Daddy to come take care of the slug- either kill it or put it in the garbage can outside. No way he was entering our house again (he opted to kill, fyi. i was very happy). 

Funny thing is... the night before I had noticed snail/slug trails on our back screen door and commented to Rach a snail must have been on there. Assuming it had been there on the outside. Ick. I'm sure I won't always catch the bugs in the mouth but man... gross. And quite honestly, hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment