Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July. To get ready for it, I did a little shopping today with the boys. Got some fireworks, charcoal, food, etc. While at WalMart, James happily discovered the display case of Fourth of July wear. I turned around to get him and he had a BIG smile on his face- he had found an Uncle Sam hat. Then he went back, traded it for the stars one, and happily put that one on. I told him how cute he looked and he asked me what it was all for (while I put the hat back that I didn't want to pay for...). I told him it was for America's birthday. Conversation as follows...

Me: It's America's birthday
James: CAPTAIN America's birthday!!
Me: No, no... AMERICA... just America. It's where we live. 
James: It's Captain America's birthday!!
Me: No... *laugh*... just America. AMERica's birthday. It's our country... we live here. 
James:... it's America's birthday?
Me: Yes. 

Later on, at our second trip to WalMart, with Aunt Rachel (better known as Sissy 'round here)...

Sissy: It's America's birthday!
James: Captain America's birthday!
Sissy: No... (thinking how to make it easier) the USA. The USA's birthday is tomorrow!
James: Me S.A.'s birthday!

Can't blame him, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment