Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Brushing Teeth

Generally, the kids are pretty awesome at brushing their teeth. But then there are the times when you remember that they are kids and will randomly fight us BAD on it. The other night was one of those nights, and the odd thing was that it was James giving us a difficult time. He was pouting and whining while I brushed his teeth. To let him know why we were doing it, I told him, "Don't you want your teeth to be nice and white? Otherwise they'll be yellow and not good." The little spark of kid curiosity went on in his head, and while still brushing, he looked at me, kind of laughing. Then the thought came in my head, Well, WE certainly don't have perfectly white teeth, and not everyone is able to have good dentist care and have good teeth, so what would he possibly say now with this new information he just got? Kind of covering my sort of mess up, I told him, "What if you had blue teeth?? That would be so gross!!" James just started giggling. I named a few more colors, the very idea of all these colors as our teeth causing fit after fit of giggles. Then I apparently chose the funniest color of all, "What if we had purple teeth?? Eeeww!" He giggled and laughed so hard, he sort of fell off the stool he was standing on. He could not get over having purple teeth. Every day now, he will randomly ask me about having green or orange or black or purple teeth, laughing while he brings it up again. Sometimes, we'll add in white teeth and we'll say, "Ooo pretty!" One way to learn a lesson, right? It's so funny to see what strikes a chord with them. 

1 comment: