Friday, February 8, 2013

Pink Eye

Two weeks ago, James got pink eye. This is our first time getting it in our household, and it was sad. His eye was halfway shut on the worst day. He kept going into the bathroom to look at it (he loves any reason to look in a mirror), and would come out telling me, "My eye is still purple, Mommy". Cue sad face. It started off in his right eye, and he got it a little in his left eye but not nearly as bad as the right. That cleared up and no one got it. I was amazed. Until a few days later when my eye started bugging me. I go into the bathroom to see what was wrong, and sure enough... I was getting pink eye. Definitely linked it to that awful cold I had. By the end of the day it was at least 1/3 of the way shut and the next day, a for sure 1/2 way closed. Blah. Mine cleared up a little faster because, well... because I'm an adult and understand to not touch my eye too much! And wash right afterwards, of course. My eye is still bugging me a little, but I think it's just the aftermath of the pink eye. I remember having it my sophomore year of high school and for weeks afterwards, my eye not being normal for a while. And it's the same eye. And I look drugged the minute I feel sleepy because my eye is still being funky and will get all wilted looking. Anyways... moving on...

Again, thought we were in the clear. Few days later, Jack started getting the signs and he now has it in both eyes. Yesterday was probably his worst day. He is so runny nosed and his eye just isn't looking good. Then yesterday, Gavin finally got it. Gaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Luckily so far, his isn't that bad but his cold is worse. I'll take a worse cold for him because he fiiiights me on taking care of his eye. Though James didn't like it, he cooperated and Jack acts like nothing uncomfortable is going on. He's a dream pink eye patient :) Anyways, I really cannot wait for this little household to be healthy. Though we are staying home (do not want to give this to others!), the weather has been decent so we've been able to get outside. Thank heavens! 

Here's to hoping we kiss this first pink eye epidemic good-bye this weekend and get healthy soon!

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you all get better and stay that way...forever! :)

    ReplyDelete