Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sister?

James loves telling us who our parents are. "You're daddy is... Papa Pat! And you're mommy is... Gramma SANDY! And Daddy's daddy is... Papa Jim!! And his mommy is Gramma... Chris!!" I wish I could add the squeakiness, but alas, I cannot without video. Since he's got our parents down pat, we've been working on who our siblings are. Mine are pretty easy, and he gets them the majority of the time. But Brad is the 5th of 6 surviving kids. And loooooots more cousins. James can remember a few, but still needs help. One thing he has picked up on is that I have one sister, and Brad has one sister. One day I asked him, "Do you want a little sister? Or another brother?" And he said, "Yeah! I have two brothers!" He asked about how he doesn't have a sister and I told him he has brothers instead. A few days later, we were going over our siblings again. We were asking about Brad's sister and afterwards, James says, "What about MY sister??" He looked a little confused and concerned. We laughed a little and told him he probably won't get a sister, but that it is ok. He has two great little brothers to play with and be friends with. That seemed to do the job to calm his mind (for now). 

I know if it were up to James, we'd have lots more babies. He is such a great big brother and loves to dote on Gavin and Jack. He has become quite the comforter and helper. Even though we are most likely done adding to our family, it's great to see James ready to love more if any decide to join us. I remember worrying when pregnant with Gavin, of him loving and accepting his little brother and how that would go over. And I worried again with Jack, seeing as how they were both still so very young. James has been a huge example of acceptance and love. He doesn't know any better that he has had to share his parents with his brothers more than most little kids do. This is his life. And he loves it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment