Monday, January 7, 2013

Potty Time

I really want Gavin potty trained. Really want it. He was so interested when James was learning last year, that I thought he'd be a piece of cake when the time came... but he's turned out a bit more opinionated and stubborn than I thought. Which isn't bad, just a tiny little wrench we need to work through. We tried right before the holidays- bad, bad, bad idea. It was scrapped within an hour. Now... now we are buttering him up for it. 

Today we were watching Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (I swear my kids don't watch TV all the time!) and it was the potty episode. I talked to Gavin as much as I could while it was on about how he could be like them, did he want to go sit on the potty like Prince Wednesday just did?? "Yes!" Whaaaat??? I've been trying to get him interested in just SITTING for at least a month now!! We went into the potty and he stood in front of the toilet, trying to figure out how to get on. I told him to wait, and I rushed to the garage to get the froggy potty we have for him. I put it down, pulled his pants down, removed his diaper... and he sat down. For at least 10 seconds! He said he was done (and he tried to pull his pants up with no diaper... sheesh) and we went back out. I tried to see if it was interested off and on later, but he insisted he was done. 

Gavin may say "no" a lot to the idea, but he says no to everything. He does seem to be warming up to the idea of being potty trained more and more. We're prepared for the day when I am brave enough to do this thing... another little wrench is the one-year old. Cute little devil who is obsessed with the bathroom. 

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment