Thursday, January 24, 2013

Comfort

Today it was a tad cold in our home. Our townhouse is a bit older and the heaters are in the walls. The walls. So it takes a while to warm up our open bottom floor. Anyways, I was chilled and I started rubbing my arms to get some warmth into them. I was sitting on the floor with the boys close by. All of a sudden I feel a rather uncoordinated "rub" on my arm. Little Jack-Jack was imitating me and trying to rub my arm. Though the meaning of my rub was lost on him, he sure was proud of his imitation. 

Later, I was trying to do something important on the computer. And, of course, that means that everyone goes into hyper-drive and sonic level of noise. Sigh. I got a tad terse and Gavin was immediately next to me, patting my shoulder, saying, "It's otay, Mommy, it's otay. You better? It's otay." Gah. So sweet. These boys sure know how to get me to calm down (even though they are the usual cause of me not being calm. but let's not split hairs on that one).

No comments:

Post a Comment