Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Good Friend

Gavin picks up on the oddest things. It's usually things that I have to think about where they came from. Lately, whenever we ask him something that he doesn't want or he just doesn't like he answers back with, "No! I just want to be a good friend!" Huh?? I was wondering if maybe he had picked up on me giving them their pre-playdate talks about how we need to be nice, not yell, share, etc. But I don't mention being good friends (but is a good idea, come to think of it). Maybe nursery? At our church, we meet for three hours. Two of those hours Gavin goes to nursery with the other kids, ages 18 months to 3 years. They play, they snack, they learn songs, and they have church lessons. When church is over, I pick up James first and then we head over to nursery to pick up Gavin. By the time I make my way over there, he is usually the last kid and they are ready to head out. Or Brad has already gotten him. When James was in nursery, I tried to talk to the nursery leaders a little bit to see how he was doing and what he had learned. I don't really get to do that now with how late I get over there. Maybe I'll have Brad ask this next Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment