Sunday, May 31, 2015

Fever Dreams

James has been semi-slammed with a flu. He has had slight pink eye but was handling it fine. He had a baseball game Friday night and then again Saturday morning. When we got home, he complained of a headache. I had him drink some water and try to lie down. I went outside and worked on the yard with Gav and Jack and I heard James cheerily say from my bedroom window, "Hi Mommy!". He had decided to read a book on my bed, I'm guessing so he could be closer to us without actually being outside. After a while I had to come inside and realized I hadn't heard James in a while. He was passed out on my bed. He stayed there for three hours. Definitely sick! He was also burning up. Once James woke up, I took his temp- 102. Poor kid! I had him rest in his own bed for a while. When his brothers were getting ready for bed, he finally seemed to get some energy back. Of course that meant he had to stay up with us till 10:30... but he finally went to sleep.

In the morning, Gav and Jack always get in our bed. James usually saunters in later due to his late nights (that's changing in the fall with full day school!). James came in basically on schedule, to inform us that he had gotten sick in the potty. A little while later, he got sick again in the tub I had put next to his bed. But he seemed to be feeling better after that. He got to watch movies or draw all day to make sure he got his rest. He even ate a little and drank some. Yes! He didn't nap at all during the day (which I was kind of surprised but grateful for so he could get back on a nightly schedule) so he was ready for bed at a normal time. Well...

It is now 11:07. About ten minutes ago, he came out frantic. He said, "Mommy, I love you! I just love you!". I did not understand where that was coming from. I mean, yes, he says that a lot to me. But it was in such a desperate way, I was so confused. I had him go back to his room (sometimes he sort of sleep walks when he goes potty or wakes up from a bad dream) and get back in bed. I thought maybe he had gotten sick again, but he hadn't. We had the window open to let fresh air in and the blinds up a little because our crazy indoor cat loves open windows and blinds or no blinds, he is going to sit next to that open window. So blinds up for him to sit. Anyways, James started telling Brad and I that a man had come (freaky much??) and then he couldn't get anything else out, he was so freaked out. I got him to calm down a bit more and he said an elf man had come to the window and told James to eat all the elf food. We closed the windows, closed the blinds, and told him not elf or bad guy will come to the window again. Was I freaked out? A little. I knew it was a dream, but some guy at the boys' open windows is one of my worst nightmares, so it hit "home" a little for me. This was obviously a dream and we could tell he was so close to going back to sleep. He was kind of upset with me for not being in the room with him. He really hates that we don't sleep in the same room (attached much??). We sang some songs for him and put on a calm movie. I also said a prayer for him, to know that Heavenly Father will help him. It was just the strangest thing! Our kids don't usually have nightmares so it always catches us off guard. And he was feverish again, so pretty sure this was the evil doing of the fever. Hoping and praying he gets better and happier rest from now on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment