Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Dirt

Well, true to nature I missed the second day of my every-day-this-week thing. Of course :) So two for today!

Today (... as in yesterday...) the boys were finally able to bust out their new "bakeware" in their dirt pile. Last year I saw that instead of having a sand box (because those are evil), you could do a dirt box/pile instead. Yes! Will it be messy? for sure. Will it be filthy dirty? yuppers. BUT these boys will be able to use their imagination more and get in their element. They have some holey jeans and worn out t-shirts that we are saving for our "dirt days". This isn't something we are doing every day. Not now, at least. We have places to go and I can't handle the stress of multiple outfit changes when we are on a schedule. But for the days where our nights are free (i love those days), this is what they'll be doing.

Today (as in for reals today) just so happens to be a day where we have somewhere to go therefore, no dirt day. Instead of using the dirt, they still enjoyed playing with their new outdoor toys on the patio. I was impressed. Hopefully the novelty of this won't wear off. I'm thinking it won't. What boy doesn't want a dirt pile they are allowed to play in in their backyard? Exactly. And yes, you may call me the best mom ever. In this regard, it might be true ;)

1 comment: