Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Baseball and Bad Nights

James had another baseball game tonight. Of course he did well :) He tried his best. They only had time for two innings. First at bat, no hit but great swings. Second at bat (and last one to bat for the game), got a hit! First out in field... ugh... so distracted. So James. Totally missed a ball sail right past him because he was jumping and spinning in the dirt. Second out in field, he asked to be catcher. He usually is pretty good at stopping the balls, but tonight I think they were a little too fast for him to do much. He did try harder as the game progressed. He did get tagged in the helmet, and there was an audible gasp from everyone. He turns around to the crowd, taps his helmet like, "No worries, this stopped it" and turned back to the game. That made everyone laugh and cheer for him. So awesome. I love seeing him try and progress at a sport. I'm still not sure baseball is the sport for him, but I definitely think it's great for him to learn focus and working as a team. And baseball does a good job at that. 

Onto a different boy... Jack had quite the night tonight. At the game, he fell and cut his hand on the concrete. Of course, right after I had told them to stay on the grass so they don't fall and hurt themselves. I'd say 'live and learn' but I know there still lots to live and lots of learning for this three-year old. We get home and the boys get in a bath. Brad was taking care of them while I made our dinner. I was at the door saying bye to some friends when Jack starts wailing. I rush into the bathroom and Brad's got him. He said that he had been bouncing around and slipped and fell on his face. He had a bit of a bloody mouth. Poor kid! I take him to go get some undies on so I can cuddle him better. After I get his undies on I stand up and hoist him up to carry him. Yeah... I overshot... and I was in their closet... and I "made" him bonk his forehead on the closet rod. Gah! Bad mom! Bring on more wailing and crying (with reason, gol i felt bad). He kept saying, "Mommy made me hit my head!". Blah. We finally got him to calm down and put on some Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives to keep everyone happy. I then had to try to wash his cut out more... apparently when he fell, dirt got pushed into his cut. I got a little bit out, but it was all he could handle tonight. He was in near hysterics again by the end. Now he is in bed and hopefully asleep and tomorrow better be a better day for that guy. Good thing he becomes happy so easily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment