Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tonight

This is the blog I really didn't want to start slacking... oops.

Today I went to Corvallis to spend some time with my sister (and drop off some food and books). We had a great time, and then it was time for me to leave around 2:30. When I got back, the boys and I had a lot of fun together. I haven't been getting away like I used to, just taking a break from my 24-hour job of being a mom. It has definitely been affecting me. Today was a much needed breather, for both the kids and I. Here are some of the silly conversations and songs we had when I got back-

Vampires and Zombies
James informed me that the zombies are good (if only! hello, nice walkers on The Walking Dead. thank you for not haunting me at night anymore!). For Halloween, we told the boys that vampires say, "I want to drink your blood!!" So James started to pretend to be a vampire... a nice vampire... a vampire doctor. He was going to drink my blood to make me feel better. Ooookaaaay. Then Gavin said he was a zombie. A doctor zombie. And he was going to eat the freckles off my arm. So on one arm I had a little vampire doctor slurping, and on the other a little doctor zombie delicately eating off  my freckles. Weird adorable? Yes.

Bushel and a peck
My grandpa used to sing this song to my mom, who sang it to us and our grandkids, and I sing it.
I love you
A bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck, and a bushel and a peck
I love you!
I've sung this to the boys off and on but not very consistantly. For some reason today it toootally stuck because I sang it at least 50 times. Every time I said peck, they got a kiss. For a hug, a fierce hug. At the I love you, we'd sing it loud and point to each other. Jack and Gavin were giggling so much, it was insane. But so very sweet.

Now You Are...
I had to help Brad put our blinds/curtains back up on our sliding glass door since we just finished painting that room (woooooot!), so I had to sit down on our dining area laminate floor. Of course the boys gravitated to where I was and Gavin started playing with my hair. He piled it up on top and told me I was now Sissy (aka Rach). Now I know Rach does not wear here hair in a haphazard mess on top of her head, so I asked him why I was Sissy. Very logical answer- because you are. Ah. Simple will of being. Gavin thought he was so funny, playing with my hair and telling me I was someone else. Then, a light bulb went on, and he realized he could do other people. All of a sudden my hair got messier and more tugged on while I was transformed from Sissy to Nana to Papa to Daddy to whomever, then finally back to good ol' Mommy.

Stop Growing
This one's for you, Nana! James loves to get up at least once after we put him down. He has really taken to the extra time with us. Tonight I had him wait for Brad to finish fixing the doorbell so he could go snuggle with him. While we waited, I told James to stop growing... he's just so tall now!

J- No! I'm going to grow as tall as daddy!
D and M- We hope you grow bigger than daddy
J- As tall as you, Mommy?
M- No, I'm shorter than Daddy. Grow tall like Daddy or Papa
J- Or gramma? As tall as my grandma's?
M-... they're short
J- So you and my grandmas are short? But Nana is taller than you, Mommy

There you go, Mom. My kid thinks you are tall. Should make your day :)

There were other wonderful moments, but that's all my tired brain can recall at the moment. I love these boys and they just melt my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Finally! Someone thinks I am tall! We'll see how long that one lasts! :)

    Loved all the stories. Such tender moments, or funny, however you view them.

    ReplyDelete