Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Babies

Before Jack was born, my parents bought the boys these animal-pillows that came with blankets from Costco. They aren't nearly as big as the animal-pillows (the name is escaping me right now and I'm too lazy to google it...) that everyone else has. Gav got a black sheep and James got a white rabbit. When Jack was born they still had them so he got a brown bear. The boys liked them, but didn't play with them a terrible amount. They definitely loved the soft and cuddly blankets they came in. Later on, my mom came across a garage sale where they were selling the real ones for way cheap. She added a large tiger and another rabbit to our animal brood. Again, liked them but not crazy about them like most kids are. 

Fast forward to today.

Gavin has started carrying around the brown bear, the little white rabbit, and the large white rabbit and calling them "my babies". "Oh, look at my little babies over there! They're soo cuuute!" He'll purposely pile them up and come get you to look at his babies. "Hey, little buddy. It's ok, it's ok" Or the ever popular "My babies are sick. We need to take them to the doctor. Who's going to fix them?" Today I was playing piano and his large white rabbit had to assist me. Gavin just beams with his little babies and it is just too adorable and tender to see him with them. Of course since big brother is doing it, little brother is loving them too. I found the tiger today, so Gavin gave one of the rabbits the shaft and Jack has picked up the slack. He walks around with a death grip hug around its neck, making cuddle sounds. These boys are seriously so sweet. 
Not to make this post about this, but it does make me think about how much people forget how sweet boys are. All my boys have such a sweet nature and we try really hard to cultivate it. Why squash it? It's so much of who they are. I love my sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment