Saturday, August 3, 2013

Quiet Time

Sometimes, you just need a break. This last week has been kind of hellish for me, and I was getting easily maxed out.

On Thursday, I just needed some quiet. I've heard of several moms who do "Quiet Time" and they have their kids play in their room, color by themselves, read books, do puzzles, all by themselves so there is some down time for mom. Well, I have kind of tried this and my kids are not ready for it yet. Boo. They are waaaay too dependent on me. But this day, I desperately needed to just read a book and have some "me" time without any interruptions. Mind. Overload.

James was coloring (which means the other two want to as well, naturally) and kept hopping off his chair, "Mommy, look at this drawing!... Do you know what this is?... Look at this one!" I love James and his drawing- he is dang good and creative. Love love love it. But not at this time. I told him, "James, mommy needs quiet time right now. I need you to go color by yourself and save your drawings to show me later. I just need some quiet time."

For at least ten minutes I got it. He was even whispering to Gavin to look at his drawings. Then he comes over to me, a tad tentative, and says, "Mommy... I think hugs are quiet." Melt my heart! I give him a hug, which puts his whole face in a smile. Then he goes, "I also think cuddling is quiet." and just cuddled right up to me. Oh, sweet boy. Love him.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you have to sacrifice some of your quiet time for hugs and cuddling I think it's worth it! What a sweetheart James is. You are one lucky momma. :)

    ReplyDelete