Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Date With Gavin

Tonight was my first date with Mister Gavin. I love doing things with the boys and seeing their different personalities come through. When I have taken James on a date (the two times...), he likes to look good and dress up. Gavin, on the other hand, could care less. And I was pretty grateful for that tonight- I was rather tired and not really feeling the "dressy" part. Next time ;) We had yummy grilled cheese sandwiches and veggies for dinner before Brad came home from work. Once we were able to go out, we headed for Red Wagon Creamery, my favorite place to go for dessert/ice cream. It is THE BEST ice cream. Gav got the cracked candy cane ice cream and I got one of my favorites, Oregon Mint Chip. Mmmm... we each took a lick of each other's and approved the choice. When you hang out with Gavin, you realize he is chatty. You just can't miss it. But being one-on-one with him... c-h-a-t-t-y. I loved it. He said he wanted to be an ice cream maker when he grows up. And he wants to make chocolate ice cream. I was almost done with mine and he just couldn't have me finish first. I nibbled at mine while he rushed to finish his- he won :) Next stop- Target and the pet store (our cat needs flea meds, lucky us). On the way, we pointed out all the Christmas lights and even drove by Fifth Street Market because they have really pretty ones. On the way to Target, Gav informed me that what makes him feel special is getting a hot lunch and being the first person. Gee, I'm so glad this awesome date doesn't make you feel special, Middle Child (totally kidding). Gav loved being at Target and chose a new Level 1 Star Wars book. He couldn't wait to tell his brothers. We then walked over to the pet store to pick up the flea meds and also check out the adorable cats they have there. Man... they are my weakness. I could seriously take each and every cat home. Gavin agreed :) His favorite one was already adopted (yay for her!). His next favorite was a calico cat. Not going to lie... those cats are calling me back! If only Brad was easily swayed by his wife or kids... Onto home after purchasing the flea meds. It was a really great night and I am so grateful I got to spend it with him. We have been wanting to make a habit of so many things, dates with our boys being one of them, and we just haven't been following through. I'm pretty sure the boys won't let us forget these anymore and I really hope they do get on our case to consistently spend special time with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment