Sunday, September 1, 2013

Primary Talk

Last Sunday I got a call from the Primary Secretary, asking if we'd be at church the next Sunday and, if so, would James be able to give a talk in Primary. James loves giving talks and saying the prayer in Primary, so I told her of course he would. She said she'd send the topic in the mail. 

Well, I told myself all week to go get the mail. I didn't get it till this morning and last minutely, put together a talk about Jesus Christ taught us to serve others. We got to Primary and James was awesome and sat up front, waiting his turn. It took a while for everyone to show up and get started, so I was so impressed by how well he was doing up there (this energetic kid has a hard time sitting in a chair for two minutes!). Finally, it was his turn.

I got up to help him with the talk and show the appropriate picture. True to kid nature, he couldn't keep his mouth off the mic. Blech. How many kids have put their mouths on that thing?? A few times I would gently pull his chin back so his mouth wasn't touching, but sure enough, it found it's way back. The last time I did it, James says, "No! Then they can't hear me!" I busted up laughing (on the inside) and he finished the talk (he rocked it, of course). 

Brad and Rach were in there with me, and we went to leave. We waved bye to James and he goes, "Bye, grownups!!" Cue more laughter. I love this kid!!

1 comment: